Racial Justice NOW! DMV is a membership organization open to people of African ancestry who are serious about ending institutional and systemic anti-Black racism in education. . We focus on the institution of education and lift up the voices of dis-empowered Black caregivers and youth. We are dedicated to stopping the school-to-prison pipeline and we hold institutions accountable to distribute equitable resources and services to Black people. Our membership is open to anyone that is willing to support our cause.
By becoming a member of Racial Justice NOW! DMV you:
- Unashamedly support Black youth and families,
- Believe that education is a human right and that Black youth deserve a quality education,
- Support social and racial justice,
- Believe in our 3-pillar approach to systemic change– organizing, advocacy, and policy change,
- Want to see an end to the school-to-prison pipeline.
Members of Racial Justice NOW! DMV exchange monetary gifts, skills, and time for member benefits, such as attending national trainings and convenings, accessing tools that support healing and healing justice, and accessing current research and thought pieces around dismantling anti-Black racism in education. We have different types of memberships that help support Racial Justice NOW!’s efforts.
Volunteer Exchange. Volunteers are an important part of Racial Justice NOW!’s social fabric that supports ending institutional and systemic anti-Black racism in education. We welcome volunteers that can contribute their time and/ or skills on a monthly basis. Some activities that volunteers can engage in are:
- Attending Montgomery County, Maryland Board of Education Meetings and sharing updates or providing testimonies;
- Talking to community members about Racial Justice NOW and inviting them to become members;
- Supporting monthly meetings by inviting community members, sharing information during a meeting, or being a featured speaker at a meeting;
- Participating in trainings and inviting community members to participate in them;
- Sharing updates with community members and other stakeholders through emails and social media;
- Contributing to conversations with RJN! and politicians that shape policies; and
- Writing letters to politicians advocating for policies that support dismantling anti-Black racism in education and ending the school to prison pipeline.
Monetary Exchange. Become a member of Racial Justice NOW! by sharing resources through gift-giving. You can participate in tax deductible giving in multiple ways:
- One time yearly gift of $25 or more
- Recurring $5 monthly gift
- Recurring $15 monthly gift
- Recurring $45 monthly gift
- Recurring gift of $60 or more.
Racial Justice NOW! has ambitious goals. We can achieve them through the support of the community.
Join Racial Justice NOW! membership and help us achieve our 2022 goal of 100 new members!